No products in the cart.
According to Vogue, a voluptuous bottom is in, thanks to gorgeous celebrities and pop stars like Jennifer Lopez, Beyoncé, Iggy Azalea, and Kim Kardashian. So how do you get those killer curves? Try these exercises for the best booty you’ve ever had — and learn how you can make it last! Read on to find out more.
It’s All About That Butt
Your butt, also known as glutes, is comprised of three main muscles: gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus. These muscles are connected to the hips, back, and legs. Exercising your butt can even help your back too! They work together to enable us to move our legs in different types of directions and speeds.
Balance Your Body For The Best Butt
Unfortunately, fat cells deposited around the hips and thighs are the hardest to remove in comparison to other parts of the body. You will see results with the right dedication to nutrition and exercise. Eating a diet consisting of non-processed foods, lean protein, and complex carbohydrates is key. Try to avoid sugar and saturated fats as much as possible. Eating healthy will reduce the extra fat around your bottom, and the right exercise will build and tone the glute muscles.
Get Your Rear Into Gear
Aerobic exercise can work wonders to help build, lift, and tone your bum. This includes indoor, outdoor, and even regular everyday activities. When indoors, chose things like stretching, treadmills, stair machines or a step aerobics class, arc trainers, and ellipticals with a 5% incline. When outdoors, choose things like long walks, walking hills, or climbing stairs whenever possible. Make a conscious effort to take the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator, and park farther away for a little walk when going to the store.
Six Exercises For The Best Booty
1. Squats: Squats are highly effective because they work your butt, hips, and thighs. Stand with feet parallel and shoulder-width apart. Slowly lower your hips and don’t let you knees go past your toes.
2. Lunges: Start with feet parallel and hip distance apart. Take a giant step forward while slowly lowering your body and bend both knees no more than 90 degrees while keeping your front knee aligned over your front ankle. Alternate legs or do all reps on one leg and switch to the next.
3. Bridges: Lie down on your back with your knees bent and with your feet on the floor, hip-width apart. Slowly move your back off the floor from the bottom while tightening your glutes and hamstrings (back of thighs). Your goal is to create a diagonal line from your shoulders to your knees. Return slowly back to the floor and repeat.
4. Step-Ups: Using a stair step or bench, place one foot on top then push through the top leg and glute to lift the bottom leg up and tap the step or bench. Slowly and lower and repeat using the same leg and then switch to the other side.
5. Side Leg Raises: Lie down on your side at the rear edge of a mat while keeping your feet at the front edge of the mat, lift your upper leg and turn it out from your hip. Keep your hits stacked and torso tight, while lifting and lowering the leg, reaching out from the top of your thigh. Repeat on the other side.
6. Leg/Hip Extensions: This can be accomplished by lying on your side, lying over a stability ball, or standing. Slowly extend your leg behind your body while squeezing the glues and keeping the torso stable. Do three sets of 15 repetitions then switch legs.
Summer may be in full swing, but it’s never too late to get a beautiful bottom! Pump up your buns for the best butt you’ve ever had! See the results for yourself and have fun showing off your new booty —the warm weather won’t be the only thing sizzling under the sun!
Pure Edge Nutrition, now a Trademark company, has built a wonderful reputation in the industry, manufacturing only the highest quality of health and dietary supplements available. Visit us at pureedgenutrition.com today!