No products in the cart.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to turn up the heat! Exercise and supplements can help fuel your fire and boost your libido naturally, while aphrodisiac foods are loaded with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that help produce the hormones needed to keep things hot and steamy in the bedroom. Whether savory and sexy or sweet and sensual, when it comes to food, smell, shape and taste all go into play. Here are the top 15 natural ways to boost your sex drive:
1. Oysters: This delicacy tops the chart as the most potent feel-good food. Oysters are filled with dopamine, a neurotransmitter that helps control the brain’s pleasure center. They are also loaded with zinc which helps produce testosterone, necessary for arousal in both men and women. Try small, sweet oysters from cold-water areas, such as Kumamoto, Sweetwater, and Beausoleil. A half dozen should be the right amount for two to share as an appetizer at a raw bar. Just be advised that raw shellfish can carry bacteria that can cause infection, so proceed with caution.
2. Salmon: This healthy fish contains loads of vitamins and minerals that make you feel good. A high dose of omega-3 fats keeps you in a great mood, while staying lean in the process. Its vitamin D content calms the brain by raising serotonin levels too.
3. Garlic: The strong flavor stimulates your body like no other. It’s rich in antioxidants that protect against cell damage and increases blood flow and desire. Watch out for your breath as its harsh smell can linger for hours.
4. Wine: A glass of wine each day is relaxing, and can reduce the risk of heart disease. But be careful to know your limits. Drinking too much alcohol can decrease libido, cause you to be sluggish and sleepy, or turn into an unhealthy problem.
5. Avocado: A superfood filled with monounsaturated fats (healthy fats), vitamin B6, folic acid, and vitamin E promotes youthful antioxidants by increasing oxygen and blood flow throughout the body. Eat by itself, with salads, sides, or meals.
6. Almonds and Walnuts: Small and powerful, these protein boosters have a lot to offer. They add stamina and energy, and are symbols of female fertility. Loaded with selenium and omega-3 fatty acids, they keep your heart pumping and your blood flowing all night long!
7. Honey: There’s a reason it’s called a honeymoon. Europeans drank honey-wine during their first month of marriage to improve stamina and health, as honey is an amazing antioxidant and natural sweetener. It’s very versatile too — add it to drinks and foods like tea, French toast, and many desserts!
8. Chocolate: Legend says that Aztec emperor Montezuma had 50 glasses of honey-sweetened chocolate each day to enhance his manliness. Cocoa beans contain phenylethamine, which releases endorphins that leave you feeling excited and satisfied. Chocolate processed without alkaline contains the highest antioxidant levels, to help lower blood cholesterol, reduce inflammation in blood vessels, and maximize blood flow. Share a few ounces of solid chocolate with your sweetie, or try it hot and melted as a dip for strawberries, a symbol of fertility.
9. Figs: Nutritious and delicious, this sweet treat can be eaten by itself or combined into a healthy dessert! Figs provide magnesium, the mineral needed to produce hormones like androgen and estrogen, and an amino acid that increases production of nitric oxide which expands blood vessels and increases blood flow.
10. Watermelon: This succulent fruit is loaded with vitamins needed for sexual health, by pumping blood to the vessels that increases libido. The phytonutrient citrulline converts to arginine, an amino acid that increases nitric oxide levels which relaxes blood vessels. Other nutrients like lycopene and beta-carotene revives you. It’s a refreshing, sweet fruit that you can slice and eat with your hands, or enjoy in bite-sized cubes.
11. Ginger: Used in Eastern medicine and a favorite of King Henry VII, ginger has been beneficial for ages. Today we know that it helps circulation, temperature, detoxification, digestion, and fights off the flu. But in doing so it also increases libido. Crystalized ginger is both sweet and spicy!
12. Sweet Potatoes: These colorful root vegetables are filled with beta-carotene and vitamin A, which promotes fertility. Vitamin C promotes anti-aging, iron boosts energy, and potassium decreases high blood pressure. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of desserts for some sweet heat.
13. Exercise: Exercise creates natural endorphins in your brain, to boost pleasure and relax your mood. The extra tone in your body won’t hurt things either. Feeling and looking good can give you extra confidence in the bedroom! And FYI, sex counts as cardio!
14. Female Libido Enhancer: This supplement from Pure Edge Nutrition contains all natural ingredients from pure plant sources that specifically support the women’s body to help increase libido. A key ingredient is Horny Goat Weed (Epimedium), which has been used in Chinese herbalism for centuries and has been celebrated around the world for its ability to improve sexual function and renew desire. As with any supplement, please consult your physician first to see what is right for you.
15. Male Libido Enhancer: Enhance testosterone levels in a natural way to maintain drive, stamina, and energy with this supplement from Pure Edge Nutrition. This botanical mix includes Fenugreek, Maca Powder, Ginseng Root, and Horny Goat Weed, combined in a wonderful fusion to boost testosterone levels and the male libido. As with any supplement, please consult your physician first to see what is right for you.
Bring on the romance, heat things up, and have a happy Valentine’s Day!
Pure Edge Nutrition, now a Trademark company, has built a wonderful reputation in the industry, manufacturing only the highest quality of health and dietary supplements available. Visit us at pureedgenutrition.com today!